Frequently Asked Questions
- Full HD 96kHz/24b file (.m2ts) :
The .m2ts video format is commonly used to create Blu-ray discs.
This file format corresponds to a 3:1 weight reduction for picture, it allows for a faster download with a very minimal loss of quality (bit rate of 30Mbps average vs less than 10Mbps for a standard DVD ).
The audio track is a clone copy of the corresponding PCM high definition wav file (96Khz/24bits).
- Light 48kHz/256kpbs file (.mp4) :
This is our “HD Light” video file: we chose to offer the same HD video tracks in a lighter version for even faster download. Easily stored, this file is targeted for tablet or smartphone use. The .mp4 file allows for an optimal playback on the vast majority of players available on the market. Our “HD Light” video files complies with the specs of the video streaming platform VIMEO HD H.264 codec, 16/9, Variable flow for 10Mbps image. The only major difference is the audio track: AAC Stereo 48kHz 256Kbps instead of 96kHz/24b.
- m2ts files are readable by any computer with a software Blu-ray player installed.
You can find here a list of available softwares
- mp4 files are universal, multi-platform and don’t require any specific software. VLC is one of the best free player available.
You can also use a dedicated Media Player connected to your sound system. Zappti offers an audiophile version here: Zappiti Player
- WAV is a lossless professional standard, the most compatible with Mac and PC. It’s the professional standard for Studio Master, the same exact file that is produced in the recording studio or mastering studio. Metadata support is limited.
- AIF is a lossless uncompressed format, totally compatible with iTunes, carries some metadata (track, artist, album, artwork…)
- FLAC is a lossless compressed audio format with full metadata support. If decompressed to wav or aif it will be the exact copy of the original file, bit for bit. Not supported on iTunes.
- ALAC is Apple lossless compressed audio format with full metadata support on iTunes.
Here are two tables showing common players’ compatibility with these formats :
|Music player on computer||ALAC||FLAC||WAV||AIFF|
|Windows Media Player||NO||NO||YES||YES|
|Networked music players||ALAC||FLAC||WAV||AIFF|
|Cambridge Audio, Naim||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|most dedicated network player||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Compressed format (smaller files)||YES||YES||NO||NO|
- A computer up to date with a good audio card or USB DAC. DACs are offered by a fast growing number of reputable companies, like Lynx, Linn, Micromega, Meridian, Benchmark to mention a few.
- A network music player that can play wav 96kHz/24bit audio files. Big names in the audio industry are offering new products that are designed for High Definition audio such as Devialet, Kef, Sony… You will also need a high speed internet connection to download the files and a good quality audio system for playback. Architekt Of Sound HD can not be hold responsible if you have problems playing back any audio or video file but we will always try to help you, just drop us an email.
Sonic Studio Professional Mastering Systems and Amarra High Resolution Music Players
JRiver Media Center (Windows & Mac)
Audirvana (Mac only)
Channel D Pure Music (Mac only)
Foobar2000 (Windows only – Free)
Signalyst HQPlayer (Windows, Linux & Mac)
JPlay (Windows only)
Our files don’t carry digital rights management or DRM so you can use them the way you want, on the platform you choose. But remember, you have to adhere to the laws of the protecting copyrighted intellectual property and shall refrain from illegally copying, selling or otherwise exploiting the music or video files you purchase from us in any manner.
Please don’t do illegal copies.
We read and write English and French.
The relevant information is then used by us, our agents and sub-contractors to communicate with you on any matter relating to the conduct of your account and the provision of our services. From time to time we may provide your information to our customer service for research and analysis purposes so that we can monitor and improve the services we provide. We may contact you by email to ask you for your feedback and comments on our services.